Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day 1

    Got goals for 2015??


    It's great that we all get a new start to a new year, but why wait until the new year? I'm guilty of this because every time it gets close to a new year I set resolutions, I start strong and then it slowly fades like mid February. Sad to say, but that's the truth. That's why this year I'm trying to approach it differently, and not focusing on one particular goal. This manifesto above was the perfect approach that I needed! 
      I connected a lot with this because going into the new year approaching motherhood is going to occupy a lot of my time. #1 is crucial, not only before the baby comes, but after is just as important. I want time management to be a focus in my life. How do you manage everything, Baby, boyfriend, friends, family,hobbies and even "me" time? Well that is where #5 can come in, it's great to start the new year off with goals, but for me it might be somewhat easier to set goals or intentions each day. This will also help me stay in the "present" moment, which is difficult for me to do. I often think about what I "should" of done or what "if" this happens. By setting daily goals will help with that I'm sure, and feel satisfied with myself if I don't set my standards so high. 
         That tends to create the "best version of you", #7. Feeling satisfied with yourself brings confidence, security, and independence. All that I want and all that I struggle with. It's not easy feeling all these qualities , but do the best you can with what you have. There are so many changes that are heading my way that I feel insecure about, even this journey has been hard to feel confident. Thank goodness for the support, but it's teaching me to excel in other areas of my life that need more attention. I also want more than anything to be the best I can be for my child so he/ she knows how important it is to be proud of who you are.
            #8 Believe anything is possible. I can't tell you where my life is going, I'm now out of work, expecting a baby and for now that's what I know. I have the best support system a girl could ask for, but it's extremely scary not having a plan or what I'm going to do after. Do I have options, yes. I have to look at this time as precious. I believe when the time is right I will know, and all will fall into place. This is just a new road on my journey...
             My wish for you all this new day, new year is to just be proud of having a fresh start each and every day. It takes patience and practice to show growth. Let this year bring health and happiness your way!
                             
                          365 new days
                           365 new chances 
         

1 comment: